In-house Counsel Masterclass from Clarion
Florit Brooke’s in-house legal division is working with Clarion Solicitors in Leeds to bring another masterclass to the Yorkshire in-house legal community.
Whilst a number of corporate legal functions are resourced with in-house employment lawyers, this is by no means commonplace. The next session, presented by Clarion’s employment law team, is scheduled for the end of November and is accredited wth 1.5 CPD hours, and would be of particular relevance to in-house lawyers from smaller teams with no dedicated employment specialist.
November’s In-house Counsel Masterclass: ‘TUPE Explained’
Employees play a major part in most business transactions and whether an organisation is buying or selling a business, outsourcing a function, or changing a service provider, employment law considerations should not be forgotten.
The session will ensure that attendees are up to speed on all employment law aspects of transfers, acquisitions, disposals and the outsourcing and insourcing of services.
Clarion’s Employment Partner, John Robinson comments:
“Whatever the nature of the transaction, it is important for in-house counsel to have the best strategy in place for dealing with the transfer of the workforce. In our seminar, we will consider appropriate TUPE provisions for different types of transactions and the default position if nothing is specified”.
- Subject matter: “TUPE Explained”
- Date: 26th November 2015
- Format: Breakfast seminar
- Venue: Clarion, Elizabeth House, 13-19 Queen Street Leeds, LS1 2TW
- Time: 8.30am registration and breakfast followed by networking at 10.30am
Topics to be covered:
- Overview of the application and effect of TUPE
- Consideration of changes to TUPE
- Who is liable: the statutory position?
- When should redundancies be made?
- Allocating the risk commercially
- Agreeing the scope of indemnities
- Dealing with holiday pay issues on a TUPE transfer
If any further Yorkshire based in-house counsel wish to reserve a place, they can do so by emailing Miguel Florit and we will reserve your place.
Please subscribe to our mailing list for more in-house legal recruitment market insights.